Every club, society & project is supported by the staff of the Student Activities Centre, and student volunteers who make up Management Groups and Constituent Unions which represent every CSP.
A Management Group is a group of CSPs that share a common theme, with an executive committee that guides and supports them. There are currently six:
Arts & Entertainment
The Constituent Unions, which joined together to form Imperial College Union, represent students within departments/faculties but also act as management groups for some CSPs. They are:
- Imperial College School of Medicine Students Union (ICSMSU) - Medical academic-related societies, and medics' social and sports societies.
- City and Guilds College Union (CGCU) - Engineering academic-related societies.
- Royal College of Science Union (RCSU) - Natural science academic-related societies.
- Royal School of Mines Union (RSMU) - Materials and earth science academic-related societies, and RSM sports.
- Silwood Park Students Union - Social societies on the Silwood Park campus.