Imperial College Union Council Statement
Imperial College Union Council met on the 7th November 2023 to discuss a motion related to the Union’s stance on the situation in Gaza. The motion was passed with a clear majority.
Following on from the initial statement from the Officer Trustees on the 13th October 2023, Imperial College Union continues to support all students, and condemns any harassment and bullying of students from Israeli, Jewish, Muslim and Palestinian backgrounds.
Imperial College Union encourages any student affected by the conflict to seek relevant support. The following services are available to all students:
- College counselling and mental health services, and particular support regarding grief and loss.
- If these events are impacting your studies, contact our Advice Service who can support with mitigation requests via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Chaplaincy, who can be of support to students of all faiths and none.
- Your Personal Tutor.
- If you live in College accommodation, the Wardening team can support you.
- If you are concerned about your immediate safety on campus, or require out of College hours support, contact College Security or access them via the Safezone app.
Imperial College Union Council condemns the indiscriminate killing of civilians by the Israeli government in Gaza and condemns the violent actions of Hamas.
Following the motion passed at Union Council, Imperial College Union will lobby the College to take an official, public stance condemning the indiscriminate killing of civilians by the Israeli government in Gaza, and to continue their condemnation of Hamas.