After our sell-out event last year, the legendary Summer Ball will be returning Saturday 24 June 2023!
We hope you’re ready to party all night, true festival-style 🎪✨ Brush off your glam garms ready for the biggest event in the ICU calendar!
For one night only, the South Kensington campus will be turned into a spectacular wonderland full of live music, DJs, fairground rides, food vendors, a silent disco and fireworks.
We can't wait to see you there!
Already counting down the days? Check out our Summer Ball 2022 to get you in the mood!
- Pre-sale: £30 - SOLD OUT
- 2nd Release: £40 - SOLD OUT
- 3rd Release: £50 - SOLD OUT
- 4th Release: £60
The main event on campus will wrap up at midnight, but the fun doesn’t have to end there… we'll be carrying on the party at Beit Quad until the sun rises, where only the dedicated few make it for the Summer Ball Survivors photo! 🌞
- After Party Ticket: £6 (only available to SB23 ticket holders)
Want to bring a pal who doesn't go to Imperial College? Get them a guest ticket!
- Guest Ticket: £70 (only available to SB23 ticket holders, one guest ticket per Imperial College student)
Please note: Guest and After Party tickets are only available to those who have purchased a Summer Ball 2023 ticket.
The dance music duo, Sigma, are headlining our main stage for an epic rave, with Weaver Bros, Kara Marni and Bingo Lingo supporting to get you cheering, singing and grooving. There will be some incredible student acts throughout the night, plus IC Radio & DJ Soc will be taking over the QTR for the Silent Disco.
Sigma stands at the meeting point between dance music and pop that has seen the duo shift over 4 million singles and play sold-out stages across the world. Part gig, part rave, it’s a winning formula that’s seen them grab rave reviews for their own tours.
They’ve collaborated with huge artists such as Rita Ora, Paloma Faith, Labrinth, and most recently, Birdy. You’ll know Sigma as the duo responsible for releasing some massive tracks like ‘Nobody to Love’, ‘Changing’ ft. Paloma Faith and ‘Glitterball’ ft. Ella Henderson.
Hailing from London, sibling duo Weaver Bros. are two DJs who never fail to impress. With 8 years experience a piece, Charlie & Will have a groove for any party.
The boys are currently holding down residencies with Mayfair Arts Club, Sushi Samba, Sky Garden and Duck & Waffle. Expect an eclectic blend of sounds, seamlessly moving through the genres cherry picking gems from both past and present.
A fiercely independent spirit, powerhouse vocals and an exciting blend of UK R&B and soul, Kara Marni's influences include Lauryn Hill, Amy Whinehouse and Minnie Riperton.
The outrageously fun Bingo Lingo will be heading to Summer Ball this year for all the stage antics! Expect raves, on-stage dancing, twerking, tacky prizes, pocket-money, and utter chaos. Are you ready for a crowd-roaring, interactive night of non-stop fun and nonsense? Make sure to catch these guys as they stop off at Imperial for the ultimate bingo rave party!
D-Lish, DJ Mimi, DJ Kizzi and NeyNeyy have got you sorted from midnight at Metric, keeping you grooving until the sun rises!
Our very own incredible Imperial College student acts for SB23 include:
- Big Band
- DJ Soc
- Gabe & Babes
- IC Radio
- Kirk Zeizer
- Melon Band
- The Imperielles
- The Scopes
Frequently Asked Questions
When and where is Summer Ball 2023?
The Summer Ball will run from 6pm-12am on Saturday 24 June 2023 at the South Kensington Campus. The afterparty will run from midnight-5am at Beit Quad.
How much are tickets and when do they go on sale?
The pre-sale ticket draw will be open on Tuesday 21 March. Those who are successful will be given the opportunity to buy a pre-sale ticket at £30 an hour before General Release tickets go on sale.
General Release tickets go on sale on Wednesday 22 March at midday and will be sold in tiers: second release: £40, third release: £50, fourth release: £60.
Afterparty tickets are £6 and are only available to those who are also purchasing a Summer Ball ticket.
Guest tickets are £70 and are only available to those who are also purchasing a Summer Ball ticket. One Guest ticket per Imperial College student.
There will be no tickets on the door, all ticket purchases must be made in advance.
Where do I collect my ticket?
You will be provided a wristband at a later date. To make sure you have purchased a Summer Ball ticket, login to our website and go to ‘My Account’ > ‘Event Tickets’.
What is the refund policy?
Our terms and conditions state that we will only guarantee refunds if you notify us more than 2 weeks in advance of the event. If you want a refund, please email your order number and CID to firstname.lastname@example.org. See our Terms and Conditions below.
Can I transfer my ticket to my friend?
Unfortunately, we are unable to transfer tickets to other people.
Do I need to bring ID?
Yes. You will be asked to provide suitable ID (i.e. passport of driver’s license) on the door.
Is the event accessible?
We are ensuring the event enables access to all, including providing a disabled viewing platform for the headliner. We strongly encourage all attendees who have accessibility requirements to inform us as soon as possible of their access requirements so we can ensure the smoothest event for all as possible. To inform us, please email: email@example.com.
What is the dress code for the event?
Whatever you’re comfortable in. The headliners and fireworks will be watched from Queen’s Lawn so ensure you bring appropriate footwear. Keep an eye on the weather, summer in the UK can be unpredictable and you may want to adjust outfits accordingly.
Will there be food?
There will be food vendors at the Summer Ball where you can purchase food.
Is there an afterparty?
Yes, the Afterparty will be taking place from 12am – 5am at Beit Quad. Afterparty tickets are £6 and are only available to those who are also purchasing a Summer Ball ticket.
I don’t drink alcohol – is this event for me?
We have lots of exciting activities at Summer Ball to be enjoyed whether you drink alcohol or not! Plus, we will be serving non-alcoholic options and mocktails across our bars.
How are you ensuring my safety at the event?
We have been working hard all year to ensure we make our venues safe for everyone. We will be running the 'Ask for Angela' campaign and drink spiking testing kits and drink lids will be available at all bars. We will also have a first aid space and first aiders on site for the entire event should you need them.
What happens if the weather is bad?
We cannot guarantee the it will not rain on the day of the and so we suggest you dress appropriately for the weather of the day, but we will not cancel the event unless there is severely adverse conditions that would cause the event to be unable to run.
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions ‘ICU’ refers to Imperial College Union, ‘You’ or ‘Your’ refers to individual purchasing or using the tickets. These terms shall be governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Nothing in these terms shall exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation.
By attending Summer Ball, you agree to abide by all ICU rules, regulations and bye-laws and understand that the event takes place on College campus and all Imperial College rules, regulations and code(s) of conduct apply to you at the event.
- You may only purchase tickets for use yourself, or guest tickets for individuals with whom you will be attending the event with.
- You may not buy guest tickets if you do not intend on attending the event yourself.
- You must not attempt to buy a ticket on behalf of another individual through deception.
- You may not transfer or resell your ticket.
- Your ticket purchase will show in your account on eActivities which is linked to your CID. Details on collecting physical tickets and wristbands will be published in advance of the event – you will be required to bring your CID card and valid proof of age.
- The unauthorised production, reproduction, or replication of event tickets and / or wristbands is strictly prohibited and will lead to disciplinary action.
- You are responsible for the security of your ticket(s) and / or wristband(s) once collected. They will not be reissued.
Bringing Guests to Summer Ball
- ICU may allow members to purchase tickets for guests who are non-members closer to the event. If so, you must accompany your guests to the event, and assume responsibility for their actions during the event.
- Guest details must be pre-registered, in line with guidance that will be available when guest tickets are purchased.
- Guest tickets will not be immediately available, to maximise the opportunity for current Imperial students to attend.
- All attendees must bring proof of age ID (a valid driver’s license or passport) with them when they collect tickets / wristbands and to the event itself.
- All ICU members, Imperial College students or staff, must also bring with them their CID card.
Entering the Venue
- Wristbands will guarantee you entry into the Summer Ball until 20:59 on Saturday 24 June 2023. Admittance after this time is not guaranteed.
- Should you leave the Summer Ball, no re-entry is permitted.
- Anyone attempting entry without a valid wristband will be subject to the ICU and Imperial College disciplinary processes.
- ICU reserves the right to refuse you entry to the event if you are intoxicated. You will not be eligible for a refund if this occurs.
Transfers and Refunds
- Tickets are non-transferable and cannot be sold on.
- Tickets are refundable up to 14 days before the event (5pm, Friday 9 June 2023) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order number and CID.
Use of Images
- Summer Ball will be photographed, filmed, and elements may be streamed via live webcast by us or our agents. By purchasing a ticket to this event you consent to the recording and transmission of images (both still and moving) of you and your guests as members of the audience. We retain all rights in any images, which can be used for publicity purposes and marketing materials. If you'd prefer your image not to be used in materials, please email email@example.com identifying the image/video.
- During the event, if you consent to an image being taken by one of our photographers, these will potentially be uploaded to our social media channels for publicity and marketing purposes.
- If you have any objection to being photographed/recorded while at the Summer Ball, please make yourself known to our photographer/videographer.
- If the Summer Ball cannot take place or is delayed because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses incurred by you or your guests. Examples of such circumstances include (without limitation): war, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, adverse weather, natural disaster, act of God, outbreak of disease, epidemic, pandemic, any strike or labour dispute, interruption or failure of any utility service, any government order, rule regulation, or action by a government or public authority.
- This means that though we will refund the cost of your ticket if the event is cancelled, we will not be able to reimburse you for any costs incurred such as travel or accommodation.